If you're here, it's because you're an amazing human being who donated to our Gimps4Gold Go Fund Me Campaign (https://www.gofundme.com/gimps4gold)
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Because I couldn't fit it on the sticker label, here are the instructions for your apple pie filling, handmade by the team.
Apple Pie a la Mo:
- Preheat over to 425*.
- Put on a smooth jazz collection of music.
- In pie plate, put 3-5 thin pads of butter on the bottom. This will keep your pie from sticking as well as add some delicious, delicious calories.
- In a bowl, mix your pie filling with the following options of your choice:
- For a thicker filling, add 1 tablespoon cornstarch to 1/4 cup cold apple cider or apple juice. Mix well, then add to filling.
- 3/4 cup instant oats. Yum.
- 3 tablespoons rum (you definitely want this)
- 2 pears, cut and sliced (healthier than rum but not as fun)
- Roll out bottom pie crust into the pie pan, add your filling with your extras, and put on your top pie crust. Don't worry, we won't tell if you use store bought crusts.
- For extra class, brush top of pie with egg whites and sprinkle with can sugar. Make some slits in the top of the pie to prevent an explosion in your oven.
- Bake at 425* for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350*, and bake another 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Eat pie and wash down with the entirety of the leftover rum.
We really hope you enjoy, and thank you again for supporting Gimps4Gold. Did you make the best, prettiest pie? Post your picture on instagram with hashtags #gimps4gold and tag me (@moinmountains) to win an extra prize!